Sunday, July 10, 2011

Calabash fruit and juice

I made some previous posts about this miracle fruit known as calabash. We have planted the calabash tree at home and it is growing with many fruits as big as a basketball.  My cousin taught me the right way of extracting its juices as this fruit has many good medicinal benefits.Each fruit weighted about three to four point five kilos and I have extracted about one and a half liter per fruit. The juice is colored black and it tastes sweet like red wine. I am taking care of the tree so that it would bear some more fruits for the family to use.

3 comments:

  1. hi there,

    do you know of anyone who sells seedling? i want to plan this tree also, please let me know thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this in our backyard.... we have lots of calabash tree.... anyone wants to buy seeds or seedlings just text me at 09327487739.

    ReplyDelete