Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jubilee Celebration

We celebrated last Sunday the Golden Wedding anniversary of Uncle Gene and Auntie Ching and this was the grand celebration of the Loria Family where relatives from Pampanga,Laguna and Iloilo joined together for this once in a lifetime event. I never thought that my aunt & uncle could still be together celebrating their 50 years of marriage. That is why their children really spent time and money to organized this event. The theme is about thanksgiving... honoring the Lord for all His great blessings to the family. The couple renewed their vows and their children & families offered gifts of symbols. A slide show presentation was made looking back those years of life of my aunt and uncle. I was emotional during the presentation as well as the relatives because I felt their struggles for survival. The hard life experiences that the family had to go through was so touchy. One thing that I knew and really admired was the religiosity and faith of my grandmother because she prayed for all of us her grandchildren. Nang Inday delivered an exaltation and she said we should not be ashamed of where we came from as a surviving families. But instead be proud because it made us what we are now. All in all the celebration was great and truly memorable. Cheers to 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment